Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Whole New Year


A few quick comments about the past few days

-We got a Moose roast, but long story short still haven’t tried it. My dad has it so maybe tomorrow night. I hear it’s similar to deer meat.

-I heard someone in the backseat singing along to a country song and hit me baby one more time… buddy and shane are back there… you guess who it was (I’m proud I’m slowly convincing some others that not all country is terrible)

-Tattoo never happened. The place was somewhat sketchy and I’m really in no rush. 

-We parked for lunch the other day and I noticed all these plugs in front of the spots (outside) … and I noticed the car next to us was somehow plugged in (definitely not an electric car). Come to find out that a lot of times as cold as it gets up there you either just leave your car on or plug in a thing to keep the engine warm.

-It’s a small world. We’re watching the Rose Bowl and a guy turns to me and says “are you really from Auburn” … I respond and we have a short conversation. Come to find out him and his wife are native Canadians that now live in Memphis and he does work in Opelika every once in a while. 

-A little bad news that led to me completing my resolution (as I’ll discuss later). Basically I had already bought a ticket for the National Championship game, paid and everything. I get an email yesterday saying that they had refunded the money. Apparently however the guy I purchased from was getting his ticket fell through. So now I will most likely be heading to Glendale ticketless. But, I’m actually completely calm about it… again… see below… I know that may sound crazy to everyone that knows me.

So New Years happened. Wow. It’s 2011. That’s crazy!

Our new years in Williams Lake consisted of meeting my Dad’s friend and a few other friends at The Legion for dinner and some dancing (and drinking of course). After a few hours there we headed to another good friends house to ring in the New Year. We had a pretty good time. 

New Years Eve!


Getting to the fun part… so I’ve spent a few day s thinking about it, because I was kind of over the resolution thing. 

Basically what I’ve come to is a resolution should be something a person wants to do to better themselves and the world around them. So in order to achieve both what I’ve come up with is to work towards becoming less stressed. This may make sense to some of you and may not so I’ll explain a little. Basically I can get extremely stressed out about situations that are completely out of my control. If something doesn’t go the way I’ve planned or envisioned I have been known to become pretty upset and sometimes take it out on whoever seems to be around. I’ve come to realize this, and have been working to let more things slide. Pharmacy school has helped a lot, especially this last semester, because I really had no control over anything. I truly felt that the effort correlating with the grade only went so far (and I know that’s how most people felt as well). So this year I really want to try to find the balance between accepting things I have no control over and working to achieve whatever it is I want to. It’s definitely not going to be easy. I already experienced this just yesterday, and I had my 5 minutes of semi-freak out, but overall I think I did pretty well. This “resolution” will obviously evolve to encompass more or less and isn’t something that’s very measurable (If I was in Management class I would be told that this is a bad goal… but hey, it’s my life.. and I do what I want).
So, I’m giving all of you permission to call me out and remind me of my resolution. Because it really is something I know I need to get better at with the field I am entering into. But remember, baby steps.

Anyways, we arrived in Seattle just a few hours ago (it is kind of nice to be back in the USA!) and will be doing the whole downtown Seattle thing tomorrow. For tonight I’ve convinced Shane he really really wants to see The Tourist while it’s still in theaters (or he’s just an awesome boyfriend, I’ll never tell). 

OVER AND OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment