Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Take The Money And Run

In light of what is going to occur over the next 7 months, I've decided to start a blog. This took a lot of consideration and debate, but I eventually convinced myself that this was for the better. I've never been a fan of the "blog" ... who would want their life all over the internet for everyone and their sister to read? But, I decided this was the easiest way for me to put the spectacular moments that I know will ensue on my travels into a database for friends, family and myself to have later on. I'm not one to care too much for grammar, so I'm apologizing ahead of time... and if it bothers you that much you can go read about some other internet bloggers' life (mine's better, promise).

Basically here is where we will "travel" to over the next 7 months:

1. Road trip from Albuquerque, NM to Williams Lake, BC and everything in between
2. Adventuring over to Glendale, AZ to watch AUBURN play for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!
3. We'll see if I decide to post anything between January and May... if I do it will have something to do with travels up north, or around the city of Auburn as I attempt to train for a marathon (we'll all just have to wait and see if that actually happens... so far, training's going well)
4/5/6/7/8/9. Obviously the trip of a lifetime deserves much more than one number.... from June 7th-July 14th, 2011 I will be backpacking my way around Europe with the one and only Courtney Watts. In 5 weeks we will tackle Italy, France, Belgium, Germany and The Netherlands.... This is a trip I have had in my mind since I was 16 years old (I've had an odd fascination with Italy and the Mediterranean since I can remember, but the Euro-trip idea has been around since 10th grade). Lucky for me my mother recently won an ipad that I will convince her before June is necessary for my travels and blogging.... plus it will keep her from forcing me to contact her every day we're over there (love ya, Mom).

In the next 7 months I will spend my entire life savings (and then some)... and couldn't be more excited. I will do my best to keep this updated (mostly for myself so that I can look back and remember all of the unique moments along the way). Feel free to read along, but just know, I don't plan on editing much.

4 comments:

  1. P.S. I will be proofreading all posts while in Europe. I might like to actually read this at some point, and you know I can't handle that crap. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have the queen of making fun of people/deleting people as friends based on comments/grammar.... so I suppose I'll allow it. We'll stay witty though. I refuse to lose the wit.

    ReplyDelete