Tuesday, December 28, 2010

TONS of Pow Pow!

Day 1 on the lift
So here are a few pics from our first day.. The videos are still taking a while to upload so I'm only going to upload the good ones... you won't get to see the one of Shane falling just yet.
Since Shane and I apparently have the exact same camera it was easy to steal his













After our first day, we got some hot chocolate with Bailey's...
After our first day

YUM!















Waking up sore and tired the second day, but we got up, I got starbucks... and we headed up for round two. We didn't have to get tickets or anything so we got there right as the lifts opened. Riding to the top we got to see the sun rise over the mountain and eventually made it above the clouds. I'll post a few pics below. Coming down from the top we had freshly groomed runs and freshhhhh POWDER like I've never experienced. It was crazy how hard it is to board through powder like that. We had a blast (and I got another box on camera), but by the end of the day I was so exhausted I could barely move. My legs started giving out on the last run after getting beaten up and thrown around for two days, and the slopes near the bottom had gotten pretty icy. Anyways, enjoy the pictures/video

Oh, quick add on. I forgot to mention this yesterday and thought about it all day today.... holy crap there are a lot of different languages being spoken up here! And a lot of the people working are from all over the world. It's really interesting. Everyone looks exactly the same going down the mountain though. And that's how it should be. 

First lift up... the sun just coming up over the other mountain


Pictures can't show the beauty of this place.

Notice the clouds...we saw blue sky!
At the top before our first run of Day 2

I had to use some of my awesome skills to tighten up my bindings

Shane. All black. If you lost him you probably weren't finding him

Last run. Exhausted. Enjoying the view a bit.


And now for my SECOND box!



I have a few more video's of us actually boarding but I'll have to upload those later... slow interwebs. Mr. Smarty pants next to me says it will take forever.

Also.. figure I'll give a little heads up here...aka warning for you mom... (even though a few of you already are aware) I'm pretty dead set on a tattoo. I've been thinking about this one for a longggg time. Started thinking about a little red maple leaf on my foot a few months ago. So that will be happening at some point. And don't worry (mom) it will be just small enough to be able to be covered with a band-aid.

2 comments:

  1. I figured out the magical question!

    http://www.travelexpertguide.org/forum/Canada/If-Canada-only-has-1-coins-how-do-they-pay-there-strippers-315299.htm

    aka googled it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really enjoyed reading your blogs - even the last part. I am so glad you had the opportunity to do this. Luv U!!

    ReplyDelete